Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp

Strawberries and rhubarb were both on sale at the grocery store this morning so I made a crisp!


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

1 cups white sugar
3 Tbsp GF all purpose flour blend (I used Pamela's Baking Mix)
3 cups chopped rhubarb
3 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups Gluten Free Oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 1/2 cups GF All purpose flour blend (Again, I used Pamela's)
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Combine white sugar, 3 Tbsp flour and the fruit in a bowl, spread into a greased 9x13 baking pan.


In another bowl use a pastry cutter to combine oats, flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon.


Spread oat mixture over the fruit mixture. 


Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. 


I have fiddled with this recipe a lot. I've doubled the fruit, used 3 cups of oats and less flour, less butter, less sugar, different fruit ... it's pretty flexible and really delicious. So don't be afraid to change it up if you have different stuff on hand. Just don't use less than 6 cups total fruit or 1/2 a cup of butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment