Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cactus Club Cafe - First Review

I went to Cactus Club with my Mom and Grandma for Mother's Day and we had a lovely meal. You can check out their gluten free menu here.

This is half of the Raincoast Greens Salad, my Mom had the other half.

My Mom and I shared the Raincoast Green Salad and they were nice enough to split it between two bowls for us. It was really nice. Definitely a decent meal all by itself (if you ate the whole thing) and the only meal that is gluten free without leaving anything out.

Tuna Tataki with my own homemade gluten free ponzu poured over top.

I also ordered the Tuna Tataki without the Yuzu Vinaigrette. I brought my own homemade gluten free ponzu sauce and poured it over the tuna. It was wonderful.

Cactus Club Cafe was really nice about accommodating my needs. My food was brought out separately by the manager. I'm not sure if he cooked it himself, oversaw the preparation or just carried it to the table but it did show an extra level of care.

My only complaint is the usual... no gluten free desserts. I will go back for this meal again but it would be nice to end it with something sweet. Our server offered me a bowl of vanilla gelato with chocolate sauce but I am concerned with the risk of contamination in a tub of gelato that is being scooped into over and over again so I just had tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment